THE MYTH AND THE FACTS
All suppliers that sell premium Green Sukabumi are offering material of equal quality.
If you have any doubts ask your supplier for more information regarding their selection process, and their guarantee of quality.
The reality is there is only ONE quarry for this material. The extraction process is so poor it results in badly shaped small blocks and a huge loss of stone.
The few small blocks are then shared on a quota basis amongst 20 factories. These factories together then produce about 6,000 m2 per week.
Only 3 out of 20 factories are willing to use quality control to cut the stone straight. 0 out of 20 factories however select materials on colour or other defects.
The quarry supplies stone to the factories and does not allow them to select blocks. Picture shows the poor quality supplied with lots of green clay and black inclusions.
The HSN group buys most of the output of the 3 factories that have a cutting quality control process. From this quantity, (about 1,300 -1,500 m2/week) we start our own quality control procedure to personally select the final HSN premium quality.
1. More selecting on shape and colour, about 75% is put in the B category.
2. Checking on thickness, tiles over 1.1 mm are calibrated to the 0.9-1.1 cm size.
3. The HSN lot is checked for green clay and a 2nd time for shape and colour. Another 25 % is rejected and moved to B category.
4. Finally each tile is tested under water, for black stains and lines.
5. The remaining lot (only 10-15% of the original amount) is packed as HSN premium quality.
Green Sukabumi Rejected
Green Sukabumi Accepted
Due to our strict quality control methods:
• Only 25% of the Green Sukabumi purchases from the 3 factories, (remember they already have their own quality control), is acceptable for further QC.
• That 25% after going through the strict HSN QC methods is reduced even more. The final result is 150-250 m2/week of HSN Premium Quality Green Sukabumi.
• With the current poor quarry blocks it is impossible to get bigger sizes than 10/10/1 cm that have HSN standards. The green clay, black stains and iron staining is normal in the standard quality and is still commonly sold at lower prices.